Technical Sales Executive
We are seeking a Technical Sales Executive. This position will be office OR home based (ideally located within Southern England) with UK & worldwide travel. The position is a full-time permanent role.
- Develop and nurture customer & distributor relationships.
- Answer requests for pricing, samples and provide customers and distributors with technical and marketing support.
- Build and develop long-term relationships with customers & distributors via online/virtual and in person meetings.
- Present technical material to customers and distributors.
- Commercially astute, you will achieve and develop sales in a highly competitive market building upon the existing customer base.
- Apply your technical knowledge when developing customised solutions.
- Deliver a first-class service to customers.
- Attend trade exhibitions, conferences, seminars, training, customer entertaining and sales meetings as required within the UK and internationally.
- Facilitate webinars and online training for customers and distributors.
- Monitor UK and international trends in the cosmetic industry and identify opportunities for growth.
- Handle multiple accounts, projects, and activities and, when required, modify working style to represent international relations.
Qualifications and Experience
- A scientific background, ideally in Cosmetic Science. Knowledge of cosmetic ingredients would be advantageous
- Experienced Technical Sales Representative OR a Development Chemist within the Personal Care / Cosmetics industry with a scientific background and an ambition to pursue a career in technical sales
- Willingness to travel internationally as the role progresses.
- A track record of successful account or project management and new business development, ideally acquired in the cosmetics industry OR a comparable technical environment
- Excellent customer-facing negotiation skills, with the ability needed to deliver customer solutions
- Tenacity and self-reliance
- A passion for selling and promoting cosmetic active ingredients and functional materials
- Excellent communication skills, with flair to deliver bespoke ideas and concepts to meet customer needs
- A motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who can work autonomously
- Language skills are highly beneficial but not essential.